Sunday, February 24, 2008

Colin Farrell to take his mum to the Oscars

Colin FarrellIrish charmer Colin Farrell has lined up a hot date for the Oscars - his mum.

The movie hunk, who has been romantically linked with a string of beauties, will be taking mum Rita to Hollywood's biggest night tomorrow - because he wants to "stave off scandal".

And she will be on sparkling form in a cool $350,000 worth of diamonds.

Colin admitted to US chatshow host Jay Leno he's really a mummy's boy at heart. "She's my date. I'm trying to stave off scandal," he said. "She went and got $350,000 worth of diamonds - they're not free because I've told them she is bringing them back.

"I would call myself a momma's boy.

"I text her. I'm not great on the phone. I don't really like talking on the phone.

"It's easy getting her on the phone. It's getting off the phone that's an issue.

"You can put the phone down, put the kettle on, make a cup of tea and then come back."

But Colin was squirming in his seat when Leno asked what Rita thinks of his movie sex scenes.

He said: "I've never sat beside her while one of them has been on.

"It would be uncomfortable and God forbid she may say something like, 'You're very like your father.'"

Farrell also confessed he lives a very basic lifestyle and has hardly done any work at his LA pad, saying, "Even though I have a home here I've held on to the living out of a suitcase thing."

By Owen Williams, Feb 23 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker