Thursday, February 7, 2008

William Shatner never watched Star Trek

William ShatnerStar Trek legend William Shatner has admitted he's never watched the TV show that made him famous.

The 76-year-old star, who played Captain James Kirk in the cult sci-fi programme, also confessed that he's not seen any of the spin-off movies.

And he said he hadn't watched his performances as a lawyer in television's hit drama Boston Legal, either.

He said: "I never watched Star Trek.

"I have not even seen any of the Star Trek movies.

"I don't watch myself.

"When I direct and have to look at filmed scenes of myself, I suck."

In an interview with 46-year-old daughter Lisabeth for his Internet video blog, Shatner also admits he has one big regret about his days on the space age show - not holding on to any memorabilia.

He added: "I've kept nothing.

"Given the choice at the time of having a Star Trek shirt or a designer suit, I'd have taken a suit.

"I should have known better."

The Canadian-born actor recently had a health scare when a routine hip replacement operation went wrong. He developed heart complications during the procedure. But he has since gone on to recover.

The original Star Trek television series ran from 1966 to 1969.

By Gavin Wilson, Feb 07 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker