Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Saffron Burrows held hands with a total stranger for an hour

Saffron BurrowsBrit actress Saffron Burrows was so terrified by turbulence during a flight she held hands with a total stranger for almost an hour.

The sexy star admitted she was so desperate for comfort on the plane she grabbed the hand of the man sitting next to her.

But she did not realize she was putting the lucky fella in an awkward position until he eventually told her his ex-wife and son were sitting across the aisle.

Saffron's mid-air ordeal happened as she was flying from California to New York to be a guest on David Letterman's talkshow.

And the actress - who stars in new Brit movie 'The Bank Job' with Jason Statham - relived her fright when she appeared on the show.

She told Letterman: "The first four hours were good, I watched films and read and was entirely silent.

"I didn't speak to the lovely guy next to me until the turbulence started circling over New York.

"I grabbed this gentleman's hand and said, 'I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold your hand. I need some support.'

"About half an hour went by during which time he had asked me about my life and I him.

"He was a lovely man called Jerry.

"We held hands and our palms even got sweaty."

She added: "He then reveals that across the aisle is his son and his ex-wife.

"I had literally been clinging to his hand for 45 minutes by now.

"I even said, 'If it gets any worse I'm going to have to hold on to you.'

"The family were lovely. I met the family and it was all fine."

Saffron also told Letterman how she was a wannabe rapper called 'Street Cat' as an 11-year-old in London - and showed him some of her bodypopping moves.

The Bank Job is based on the true story of a daring $8m jewelery robbery in London in 1971, the biggest of its kind in Europe at the time.

By Owen Williams, Feb 20 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker