Friday, February 22, 2008

Jason Statham fancies a role in a romantic comedy

Jason StathamJason Statham has admitted he would love to swap roles with Hugh Grant and star in a romantic comedy.

The hard man actor said he would much prefer to do sex scenes than stunts. "I've got to have a word with Hugh Grant to see if he wants to do one of my action films and he can give me one of his romantic comedy scripts and we'll have a little deal," he said.

"I'd love to do it, get between the sheets, have a bit of fun and say some silly lines."

But although he said he prefers to do sex scenes, the Hollywood star, 35, admitted they aren't the easiest scenes to film. "It's quite awkward, people think it's erotic but you've got the whole crew there saying 'go on boy' and it's not really what you'd expect it to be," he said.

"It's a little bit sticky for the first few takes but you just can't worry where you put your hands, you have to think 'you know what, they've asked us to do it so let's just get busy.'"

Speaking on British TV show Richard and Judy about his new film The Bank Job, Statham also said he wouldn't mind becoming the next Spielberg in the future.

"Somebody once asked me a question if I'd like to direct and for now I'm happy being on this side of the camera but it's a lot of fun to go on holiday and shoot a little home-made movie," he revealed.

"But I don't know if the future beckons to me to get behind the camera, I will see how far it goes on this side for now."

By Owen Williams, Feb 22 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker