Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Britney Spears pleads with father to get her out of psychiatric ward

Britney SpearsBritney Spears made a series of heartbreaking calls to her dad pleading for help to get her out of the psychiatric ward where she is being held.

The troubled star made four calls to father Jamie Spears on Sunday as she struggled to cope in the facility where she is being evaluated for her mental illness.

The heart-wrenching calls are revealed in these legal documents filed by her father asking a court to leave him in charge of the Toxic singer's legal and business affairs while she receives treatment.

Spears states in the papers: "On Sunday I was unable to visit the hospital because I had to work. I am a cook and I was catering a large Super Bowl party.

"While I was working Britney called me on my cell phone at least four times. She called about every 20 minutes.

"Britney first called me at 130pm. She said, 'Daddy, what are you doing?' I told her that I was cooking. Britney said, 'What are you doing cooking, daddy, why are you not here with me?' I told her, 'Baby, daddy's got to work.' She asked me, 'How long are you working?' I told her a few hours. I then told her, 'Daddy has to get back to work.'

"About twenty minutes later, Britney called me again. She said, 'How long are you going to be daddy?' I told her I didn't know. She said, 'Hurry up and get here.' I asked her why. She said, 'Because you got to get me out of here.'

"I told her that I could not get her out out of there. She said, 'I want you to.'"

Unable to help his daughter - who was placed on psychiatric hold by her doctors last Thursday - Spears offered to bring a present with him when he came to visit.

Spears said: "I asked her whether she wanted me to bring her anything and she said, 'Yes, bring me some ice cream.' I asked her what flavor. She said, 'Vanilla.'"

When her father eventually arrived at the hospital he says he found Britney agitated and begging him to help her leave the hospital.

The document states: "When I arrived at the hospital, Britney was lying down. I leaned over to kiss her. She turned her head away from me.

"I said to her, 'I love you.' Britney said, 'No you don't.'

"Britney then got up and said to me, 'The doctor told me that you are keeping me in here.'

"I said, 'No, Im not keeping you in here,' Britney said, 'Someone's lying. You put me in here.'"

Spears says a nurse came into the room where the pop star is being treated to try and convince her she was being held on doctors orders.

Spears said: "The nurse said to Britney, 'Ms Spears, your daddy did not put you in here, Your daddy is not keeping you in here. The hospital is keeping you in here."

According to the documents Britney then repeated her pleas to leave.

Spears said: "Britney then said to me, 'Come on, daddy. Let's get out of here. Take my hand and let's walk out of here together.' I then said to her, 'I wish I could, but I cant.'"

Spears said his daughter once again became distressed until he began talking about her babies Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, who are currently staying with their father Kevin Federline who has full legal and physical custody
of the boys.

Spears said: "I asked her if she wanted me to help her with her children, that I would help her."

The conversation between father and daughter ended with Britney telling her dad that property of hers had been stolen by her self-proclaimed 'manager' Sam Lutfi.

Spears states: "She asked me to help her get it back. I told her that I would.'"

Spears has since filed a police report claiming a theft occurred at Britney's house.

Spears' father remains the temporary conservator over her affairs pending another hearing February 14, when Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner Reva Goetz will decide whether to extend it.

Spears' divorce case lawyers are also seeking renewed visitation for the star with her children under the supervision of a mental health expert.

The next hearing in the custody case is scheduled February 19.

By Eric Munn, Feb 06 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker