Friday, February 22, 2008

Aaron Carter’s dad speaks out

Aaron CarterAaron Carter's dad, Bob Carter, has spoken out after his former child star son was forced to spend a night behind bars after being caught with more than two ounces of marijuana.

"I'm just totally floored by this," Carter says. "Other people suspected he had a problem, but I denied it and didn't believe it. But now I feel hurt and betrayed, because I see that everything wasn't what I thought it was."

Bob says that his son - who was pulled over for speeding by cops in Kimble County, Texas last night,  was heading to Georgia to confront him about finances at the time of his arrest. "His new managers are trying to convince him that I'm the reason he's going broke," he says. "It's not true; I don't live off Aaron's money."

Papa Carter adds to People.com that he hopes this will serve as a wake-up call to the 20-year-old star. "Aaron has always thought he was invincible," he says. "Sometimes it takes a knock in the head to get people back on track. I hope that's what happens here."

Having reached out to Aaron since his arrest, Carter pledges to help his son with anything he needs. "The bottom line is that I love my son very much," adds Bob. "It's important that he knows that I will do anything for him."

Officers found the drugs in Aaron's car when they searched his vehicle yesterday.

By Owen Williams, Feb 22 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker